How can they be removed?
- DPNs can be removed by using electrodesiccation, leaving behind more youthful even complexion. During the electrodesiccation procedure, the treatment area is numbed with a topical anesthetic and the device "dries up" each mole using electric current. The moles then fall off over the subsequent 1-2 weeks
- Other moles can be surgically removed.
What are moles?
- There are multiple types of lesions referred to as "moles" All moles should be evaluated to determine the type and rule out skin cancers.
- Dermatosis Papulosa Nigra (DPNs) are a type of "mole". They asymptomatic non-cancerous small 1-2 mm firm dark bumps occurring on the face, neck, chest, and or back. They are more common in darker skin types, occuring in 35% of African Americans. They are easily removed.
What is the cost of "mole" removal?
After a full evaluation and visit, we will provide an exact price quote.
- Tax not included
- $250 deposit to make appointment
- $250 no show fee
Face | Neck
$1000 - $1750
$1200 - 2000
Back (upper or lower)