Pre-Operative Instructions for Silhouette Instalift
Our office wants to provide you with the very best surgical care.
You can help to minimize the risk of complications by carefully reading and following
your preoperative and postoperative instructions. Ask us to clarify any item about which you have questions.
- Do Not take ASPIRIN (Anacin, Bufferin, or Baby Aspirin) or IBUPROFEN (Advil, Motrin, or Nuprin), or NAPROXEN (Aleve) or Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) similar to these medications, for Ten (10) days before surgery. These substances impair platelet function in the normal clotting process and thus promote bleeding and bruising. It is permissible to take acetaminophen (Tylenol or Anacin-3).
- Do not drink alcohol for 2 days prior to surgery, this might cause excessive bleeding, decreased resistance to infection. Please avoid red wine for 4 days before surgery in order to minimize bruising.
- Ativan, a mild sedative, will be available to you if you wish. A driver is needed if you choose to take the Ativan.
- Diet before surgery: You should eat a light meal before arriving at the office for your procedure.
- Please refrain from smoking 2 day before and 2 days after the procedure