Pre-Operative Instructions for Neuromodulator / Filler
Antibruise therapy : These items can be found in most health food stores, such as GNC. They are not covered by prescription drug plans.
Although there is no definite evidence that these homeopathic medications work, manypatients have reported results from their use. You may choose to take any or all of thefollowing to reduce the severity and duration of bruising after your treatment:
- Arnica Montana Pellets: #9C or 30C, Take 3-4 pellets under tongue 4 times a day on an empty stomach
Continue for 1-2 weeks after surgery
- Arnica Montana Cream or gel: Apply to bruised areas 2-3 times daily for 1-2 weeks
- Bromelain 250 mg: Take 1 tablet 2 times a day for 1-2weeks, Do not use this medication if you have a history of Gout
In order to decrease the risk of bruising, we recommend avoiding the following for 10 days prior to your appointment unless medically necessary
- NSAIDs (e.g. Ibuprofen, Advil, Aleeve, Motrin) and Aspirin. Tylenol is ok to take as it does not increase the risk of bleeding/bruising.
- Fish oil supplements, ginkgo and other herbal supplements
- Alcoholic beverages for at least 24 hours prior to the procedure
- Garlic Pills
- Vitamin A and E