Pre-Operative Instructions for Laser Hair Removal
- Notify your practitioner if you have any hormonal conditions, including but not limited to PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), as these conditions tend to cause aggressive hair regrowth after laser treatment.
- Notify your practitioner of any medications you have used within the last 6 months.
- Notify your practitioner if you have a history of perioral herpes (you will need to take and oral antiviral 2 days before and 2 days after the procedure)
- Discontinue waxing, tweezing or plucking 3 weeks prior to treatment. Shaving is required 2 days before treatment, as small 2-3 mm stubble of hair MUST be present for the treatment to be effective
- Avoid extended sun exposure or tanning for at least 2-weeks pre and post treatment.
Immediately Before Treatment
- Remove any make-up and/or lotions and make sure that the skin is dry in the area to be treated.