Hair Loss & Hair Restoration
According to the American Hair Loss Association (AHLA), approximately two-thirds of men have some degree of noticeable hair loss by age 35; by age 50, approximately 75% have significant hair loss. Male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia) often begins before men reach age 21 and accounts for nearly all of the hair loss in men.
Women can also suffer from hair loss, and as with men, it can be extremely detrimental to self-confidence and self-image. Women make up 40% of all hair loss sufferers in the United States, according to the AHLA. Men and women suffer from different types of hair loss; most women have diffuse thinning through the scalp, while men tend to have distinct patterns of baldness.
Hair loss can occur from stress, systemic disease, inflammation, medications, grooming , and/ or heredity.
We are exquisitely sensitive to the significant effect of hair loss on self esteem and self image and we offer comprehensive hair loss treatment options including:
- Medical Tattoo: Scalp Micropigmentation
- Regenerative: Platelet Rich Plasma
- Surgical (Follicular Unit Transplant- STRIP): Hair Transplantation
- Minimally Invasive Hair Transplantation (Follicular Unit Extraction- FUE): SmartGraft
We will work closely and patiently with you to find a diagnosis and a personalized treatment plan.
To find out more information about hair loss, please see links below:
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Hair Loss Association
- Cicatricial Alopecia Research Foundation
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons
- National Alopecia Areata Foundation
- North American Hair Research Society