Pre-Operative Instructions for Dermapen Micro-needling
PATIENTS WHO SHOULD NOT BE TREATED: Contraindications and precautions include;
- keloid or raised scarring; history of eczema, psoriasis and other chronic conditions
- history of actinic (solar) keratosis
- history of Herpes Simplex infections
- history of diabetes
- presence of raised moles, warts or any raised lesions on targeted area.
Absolute contraindications include;
- scleroderma, collagen vascular diseases or cardiac abnormalities
- rosacea and blood clotting problems;
- active bacterial or fungal infection
- scars less than 6 months old
- facial fillers in the past 6 months
No Retin-A products or applications for 12 hours prior to treatment.
No Auto-immune therapies or products for 12 hours prior to treatment.
No prolonged sun exposure or sun burns to the treatment area one week prior and 2 weeks after treatment.
Skin should be clean and make-up free.
If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, evaluate on a case by case basis.
Please bring a hat or umbrella to protect your skin against the sun after your procedure